Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Quit Using the Words "Try" and "But": You're More Than That

One of the most helpful reminders in this walk of awakening into the realization of who and what I really am was this little practice of eliminating and replacing two simple words from my vocabulary: TRY and BUT.

I realized that when I opted to use the word try, it gave me an out. And I liked having an out when I went into an experience believing I was going to fail. Or maybe I liked the story I had going too much and I wasn't done playing in it. By using the word try, I didn't have to commit fully to the choice. I didn't have to accept full responsibility for my perception of the experience. I tried, but, you see, it was out of my hands.

Well, when you just KNOW (as I did) that you've been creating your own reality all along, albeit unaware of doing it for eons, you can no longer place responsibility for you on anyone or anything other than yourself. I am the Creator of my own realities.

Close your eyes and feel into the word "try." It feels wishy-washy and noncommittal to me. Okay, I'll say it: "try" feels and sounds half-assed and whiny.

For example, if I believe some god other than me is capable of forgiving and forgetting a transgression, I can say things like, "I tried to forgive, but I can't forget." Which is pretty much the same thing as saying, "I am incapable of forgiveness. Alas, I tried, but failed. I am just not as good at this as someone else."

That is your I Am a Pitiful All-Alone Little Human aspect talking, and it's running your reality show. Frankly, you're not giving yourself enough credit. You are, we each and all are more than little humans--we are souls getting to know and experience all that we are via this magnificent entity we call a human being.

As such, on the soul level, we realize there is nothing to forgive, and everything to have gratitude for from the compassionate wisdom gained through all our experiences. You've been forgiving and forgetting all along--you just weren't aware of it at this little human level.

"Try" and "But" are just self-limiting, cop-out excuses. I don't buy them with myself, and I don't buy them with others.

Rationalizing and excuses are just me getting in my own way of creating the things I really desire--me wasting my time. 

Use the word "choose" in place of "try"...and then just live that choice out from that moment, forward and backward...no trying about it. 

Creator--You are simply having an experience...period.

As the sovereign source and center of your domain, your own realities, you can do that. You, and you alone, can give yourself the freedom to practice being your own master and letting go of things that no longer serve you. Unless it serves you to suffer being an unforgiving person? Again, that's YOUR CHOICE.

If a choice brings you something you don't enjoy, choose something else. A negative experience doesn't mean you did anything wrong--allow yourself to be compassionate with yourself.

Replace the word "but" with "and"...and...it allows you multiple experiences and realities and perceptions instead of limiting you to a very narrow sliver of the experience pie.

Using the word "and" allowed me to release the monitoring and tight control I had over myself. I set myself free of being stuck in the same old, same old story prison simply by utilizing the word "and." It's a great be-attitude: "I am that I am...and...I am this...and...I am that also."

This trade in words is especially helpful when looking in the mirror and feeling a bit judgmental, because I can maybe see myself as ugly...and... know that I am also beautiful. For without the contrast of experiencing the gift of ugliness, how would I discern and appreciate the gift of beauty?

"And" allows me to open myself to perceiving that I have many mansions or realities. The purpose of this human life is to just have experience after experience after experience--a gift from which wisdom is distilled for my unconditionally-accepting, grateful soul, this pinpoint of awareness that I exist.

Replace "try" with "choose,"--
Replace "but" with "and"--

...and...see what a creative difference those little shifts in perspective make in your own life.


No comments:

Post a Comment