Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Enlightenment is Allowing Your Point of Perspective to Shift

Ascension, enlightenment, whatever lofty words you choose to use--all it means is that you are allowing yourself to view an experience--a story--from many different perspectives.

Your awareness is opening up out of the focus and limitations of mass consciousness. You find yourself no longer viewing things from a singular point of view. You're no longer observing life through one stagnant, narrow window. You look through many different windows located in many different locations throughout your mansion, and their size may range from a pinpoint of light to entire rooms of glass, and beyond.

You are still on the stage being an actor immersed in your own little scenes and script, but now you are simultaneously sitting in the audience, shifting that point of perspective around, enjoying all the roles being played, the story, the motivations, the scenery, etc.

You are no longer focused on the one viewpoint--you are opened up to seeing multiple viewpoints. You feel into the other actors and the experiences that led to their unique perceptions of life and events. You see it from the broader viewpoints of the author and director and the audience--as the beauty of a whole story, not just your one slice of a negative or positive moment and interaction.

Compassion starts replacing judgment. You imagine what it must be like to walk in another person's shoes. You are awakening. Your consciousness is expanding beyond the old Little Human limits. You are going beyond the old script you once thought was the sum total of you.

Little by little I noticed I was letting go of accepted truths held by me for much of my life that no longer fit or resonated with me.

My perspective on my own health and well-being changed to one of self-responsibility rather than depending on outside diagnoses and care-giving. I changed to practicing kindness and unconditional acceptance of myself rather than self-condemnation and judgment. I chose to practice self-worthiness instead of looking for someone outside of me to deem me worthy of existing.

I finally realized that formal education wasn't for me, though I tried several times to go back to school, because instead of expressing myself freely I was stepping aside and allowing some instructor to have his say, telling me what to believe. Most of that was out of politeness. I learned to be a considerate listener; but being open to listen to another's truth, and regurgitating the answers someone else believes is right, doesn't mean I agree. School consciousness was just too limiting for me, and it made no room for the awakening that was happening within me. I got physically sick and emotionally tripped up every time I tried to get myself trained for a career.

The same thing happened when trying to just settle into a job that held no interest for me except that I got a bit of money. Either I got sick or the job left the country.

I tried devoting myself to causes only to discover that I lost my own sovereign voice when in a group of people. Most causes, I have noticed, are based in emotional reaction, and humans are trying to get control of their creations, not realizing they are the actual creator of everything in his or her life. Large numbers of people devoted to a single cause generally doesn't lend itself to free-thinking and self-awareness. This blog is my gift of allowing myself to express my higher and clearer knowingnesses out loud.

I tried religion, read the Bible, and it worked as a stepping stone. I have always had a deep love for Jesus/Yeshua, but the Bible never told me enough about the man. And having him splayed up, nailed on a cross, bloodied--it was not an image that resonated with me--it hurt. The idea of a Little Human-like judgmental god sacrificing a son in order to save unworthy sinners who believed that doctrine didn't fit with my perception of an all-loving eternal source. It seemed to contradict the teachings and parables of Jesus. I could easily feel Jesus as my brother, but I stumbled when it came to calling him my savior. I have many friends and loved ones who believe this, but it just didn't personally make sense for me, and that was ultimately what mattered for me. At the same time, I can easily allow others their own point of view and paths--every path is a path to the realization of oneself.

I see all of us as the children of the Eternal One, and with that, all of its accessible qualities live inherently within each and every one of us. As such, I chose to see the god in myself and within everyone and everything around me. I am, and you are, god also. This shift in perspective suits me better. I find myself more unconditionally accepting and less and less judgmental. I don't need your agreement with me in order to accept and love you as you are.

It all culminated for me when I returned home to help care for my dad in his final weeks on this Earth. I realized none of what I had once focused on as being important actually mattered to me. None of what I was taught as being the status quo of life, the predominantly accepted ideas of how to live your life--education, career, family, relationships, the news, politics, religion, health--none of it really mattered when all was said and done. I simply loved and appreciated that he and I had shared life experiences together.

I knew that whatever fights people were fighting, ultimately hidden underneath it all (at our souls level) was love and gratitude for all the parts played--by all of us, even though the human, himself, currently playing the part probably wasn't aware of it. And that is what I realized as I blessed all aspects of my dad and myself--light and dark--while using reflexology on my dad's feet the last hours I had with him. I felt a love and a gratitude for both of us that went beyond any of the other stuff, even the mental chatter inside my head that accused me of being a crazed crackpot.

So, if you suddenly feel old  beliefs, fights, and causes falling away because your perspective has changed and it all no longer seems to resonate--frankly, it just doesn't matter to you anymore--you are waking up.

You are simply waking up and realizing who you really are--the Creator of your own life and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment