Thursday, May 2, 2013

Use "I CHOOSE," instead of "I Want" or "I Need"

I make it a conscious habit to use the phrase "I CHOOSE" instead of  "I want" or "I need."

First of all, the universe is very literal--so if I state, "I want to travel," I end up experiencing staying home, wanting to travel. If I say "I need money," the universe creatively manifests an experience that I need money for.

I am the source and center of my own unique world--and the universe supports me unconditionally by LITERALLY helping me co-create everything I CHOOSE.

I've learned it's important to not get too mentally specific about my choices, because that limits them manifesting in my life--often to the point that it actually stops them from materializing. Keep your choices FEELINGLY simple.

So in order to cover everything, I just say:

"I choose to ALLOW myself, with EASE and GRACE, to live my life with joyful, OUTRAGEOUS abundance."

And I leave it at that, and let go...

With that, there is no having to mentally figure out how to make it so, there is no action I have to take--I just ALLOW and breathe with ease...and later I find myself ooh!-ing and ahh!-ing at the magic of it all.

If I had kids, I'd definitely practice "I choose" statements with them. It empowers the individual, and that way parents no longer have to try to figure out how to give their kids all their wants and needs and desires. You'd have given them the greatest gift of all--the reminder of how to create their own.


P.S.
I wanted to keep this post short and to the point, but my husband and I were playing around with "I choose" versus "I want, need" statements, and I realized two more things:

First: CLOSE YOUR EYES and say each phrase out loud.

Notice that "I choose" FEELS and sounds MASTERLY and in control of your life.

And that "I want" and "I need" feel and sound WHINY--kind of like a poor, pitiful peon begging?

Secondly: My husband stated as he was leaving this morning, "I HAVE to go to work." Notice again, how it feels and sounds like "I'm a poor, pitiful, puppet-on-a-string"? 

I told him, "Put 'I CHOOSE TO' in front of that 'HAVE TO'--and then notice the difference." (CLOSE YOUR EYES again).

"I choose to have to go to work."

Suddenly you're aware that you're "having to go" to work because it's your choice as a self-master...and with that awareness, you can now make a new choice, if you choose...

Perhaps you'll choose to say instead:

"I choose to release myself from having to work."

*Rule of Thumb: Keep the word, "not," out of your choosing statements.
The co-creative Universe doesn't recognize the word, "not"--so I would recommend refraining from using it, or you'll end up choosing something you do not desire. For instance, according to the Universe,"I choose to NOT work" is pretty much the same as "I choose to work."* 

No comments:

Post a Comment