Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let's Talk About Death

"Let the dead bury the dead...."

This seemingly harsh response that Yeshua (Christians know this man as Jesus) gave the young man who was torn between following Yeshua and his desire to first bury his dad, kept running through my mind almost like a mantra those last days as the life of my beloved Max cat slipped away from my perception. I had told my husband weeks before that I was done burying corpses, and thankfully, he handled all of that for me--and I, by no means, think of my husband as being one of the dead. He performed a service for me, because I still had a corpse to deal with, much as I so wanted it to turn out differently this time around.

Over 2000 years later, and here I am, still burying corpses. Why? And I'm still completely certain that my beloved pets have all been helping me to break through this really dense belief system where we just accept it as fact that life actually ends.

What if no life ever really ends? What if just the story--an identity--ends, and then it transforms into something new, and when that is done, changes yet again? And what if we could continue to perceive each other regardless of the form? And is a belief in death the only thing keeping me from seeing and touching my lost loves?

"Come to me as little children..."

For me, the above statement (another of Yeshua's) means, "Set aside your education, all your grown-up views and belief systems for a moment, and then we'll take a look at things before your immersion in your human-ness got everything so complicated and muddy. Your knowledge is important to the wisdom gained--just allow that knowledge to flex and to flow and to expand naturally."

A few days ago, I went back into my childhood and remembered the first experiences I had with death. I read a great deal and loved stories about animals. I loved "Old Yeller" until the end of the book where the boy had to shoot his dog who got rabies. TV made it a movie, and I can't say that it was entertaining or fun. It not only made me afraid of death, but rabies seemed to be possible every time I turned around and interacted with an animal.

As for the deaths of people--I learned that most people wear black to a mourning ritual called a funeral, and even though the same verse is read  ("Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."), and the same hymn (Amazing Grace), and even though all kinds of people gather together to honor the ones who have passed and to try to comfort those they leave behind--well, the pain and suffering is still there for those still here. No one deserves such pain. I don't like the powerless feeling of not being able to truly comfort someone who is hurting. I choose to have some REAL answers.

To sum all of these memories together, I basically learned from well-meaning, but most often, sad, powerless-feeling--sometimes even guilty-feeling--adults that "dead" meant "gone for good." That we would never perceive or see dead loved ones again.

As to what it was like to experience death--well, no one wanted to even talk about it much because of the fear of drawing it to yourself before you were ready.

All the loved ones I've lost over the years, whether people or pets, I've interacted with in my nightly dream state--I've done this throughout my entire life. At some point though, as I surfaced into this reality consciousness--what we think of as being awake--my human mind would kick in and always remind me (leaving me heart-broken and bereft all over again) that they were "really dead."

Now I'm looking at death as a belief system that I over-indulged in--my own experiences seem to be pointing this out to me. Would my past experiences surrounding death of my loved ones have been different had I instead viewed death as a transformation--a change into a form that I COULD STILL PERCEIVE from my state as a human? Maybe I could have awakened refreshed and smiling with the memories of my interactions in my dreams.

Close your eyes for a moment and imagine with me a new, open-ended conversation about death between an adult and a child. Feel into yourself playing both the role of child and the role of adult:

Child: "What does it mean to be dead? What does dead look like? Am I going to die? Does it hurt? Can we still talk to those who have died? Where do dead people go?"

Adult: "You know, I wonder about all of that, too. How about we explore it together? When you have ideas, share them with me. And when I discover something, I'll share it with you."

I've read and heard all kinds of stories of children and adults interacting with those who have crossed the veil. I've read and heard all kinds of stories about near-death experiences.

After the experience I had with my own dad's death, I resonated with the concept of dreamwalking (as introduced through Adamus Saint Germain via Crimson Circle) with our dead loved ones. Dreamwalking is simply walking beside those who have died, as a comforting and reassuring presence. You don't interfere or advise the person transforming--you're simply in a dream state--a quiet agenda-free radiant lighthouse, walking alongside them, whatever path the person chooses. *Dreamwalking is NOT to be done with suicides or mentally imbalanced cases, as the highly confused, victim feeding energies can be too entangling and dangerous to the person trying to help.* 

I've realized I don't have any desire to be the grown-up who thinks she has to have the well-meant, but tough, answers for the young ones--I'd rather keep my mind and heart open to the possibilities that life in all its forms and transformations is something to be embraced and to be spoken about openly. Maybe death doesn't have to be so hard and frightening for anyone.

What if there are truly happy endings possible--and I've been letting old beliefs get in the way of my experiencing them............?




No comments:

Post a Comment